November 2013 was a relaxing month for me. I traded in airplanes for bicycles and hostels for my own bed. For the first time all year, I spent an entire month inside the US.
November was a huge month for the miles world. United started the month by massively devaluing its award chart for awards booked February 1, 2014 or later. Then Delta sped up its previous devaluation with no notice.
While the loyalty programs disappointed us, the incredible rewards card offers kept coming. The big three in November (all still available for a limited time longer):
- The Lufthansa Premier Miles & More World MasterCard, which is offering 50k bonus miles until 12/15/13
- The Citi ThankYou® Premier Rewards Card, which dramatically increased its sign up bonus for a limited time
- The US Airways Premier World MasterCard® because it’s our last chance to get the card, which will disappear forever in the coming months during the US Airways/American Airlines merger
What were the most popular pages, posts, and rewards card offers for November 2013? There are several you can not miss.
Most Popular Pages
The Award Booking Service continued to thrive. If you are looking to burn miles before devaluations kick in, contact us before the rush of people looking to redeem miles in January.
My Free Credit Card Consultations continued to offer personalized answers to which card is best for a particular trip.
Most Popular Posts
Big Credit Card News
This month, I covered the New, Improved Citi ThankYou Premier Card Offer:
- Earn up to 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points. Bonus points are redeemable for up to $500 in gift cards, up to $625 for airfare or other great rewards
- Earn 20,000 points after $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn an additional 30,000 points after another $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of your second year of being a cardmember
- Earn 3 ThankYou Points for every $1 spent on purchases for dining at restaurants and entertainment
- Earn 2 ThankYou Points for every $1 spent on purchases for airfare and hotels
- Earn 1 ThankYou Point per $1 spent on other purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited Thank You Points
- Travel with ease and enjoy chip based technology
Application Link: Citi ThankYou® Premier Rewards Card
I compared the top cards for economy travel along several dimensions like sign up bonus and annual fee in Comparison Table of Fixed-Value Bank-Point Cards.
I counted down the Top Ten Rewards Card Offers That Are About to Disappear.
I broke the news that the American Express Platinum Card Now Comes with One Year of Amazon Prime for New Cardmembers.
Last month I covered the other big, current, limited-time offer: The 50k Lufthansa Mile Offer is Back for a Limited Time!
I shared a great portal bonus: 60 Miles per Dollar at magazines.com: How to Buy American Airlines Miles for 1.43 Cents or Less Until 11/30/13.
I shared the latest list of cheap hotels: New IHG Rewards PointBreaks List Means $35 Luxury Hotels through January 31, 2014
- Three Ways to Beat the February 2014 United Miles Devaluation on Premium Cabin Awards
- Eight Silver Linings of Today’s Massive United Mile Devaluation
- Three Reasons Why the United Devaluation is the Best Thing For Us
Award Booking Tips