Right now there are three great Starwood Preferred Guest promotions you can stack.
- Earn 2,015 Starpoints on any stay this month.
- Earn 2,500 Starpoints for using SPG Keyless and paying with an American Express by February 29, 2016.
- Earn 2x Starpoints on two night stays plus another 500 bonus Starpoints on three night stays through December 20, 2015.
You need to register for all three promos. Here’s more details and how to register:
1. Blogger? Bonus
Register here to get 2,015 Starpoints for booking any paid stay through SPG and completing it by December 31, 2015.
2. Keyless Entry/AMEX
Then “download one of the SPG mobile apps, register and opt in for SPG Keyless, and then book and pay for a stay using your registered American Express® Credit or Charge Card. For more information on SPG mobile apps and keyless, please visit www.spg.com/keyless.”
Only certain W, Aloft, and Element hotels have SPG Keyless. Here are the participating properties.
3. Stay for More
If your planned stay is going to be 2+ nights, you should also register here for the normal quarterly promotion.
Put It All Together
Once you have registered for the promotions:
- Book a stay through the SPG app on your phone
- paying with an American Express you’ve registered in the app
- at a W, Aloft, or Element hotel that has keyless entry
- for a stay before December 31, 2015.
If the stay is 2+ nights and happens before December 20, you also trigger the smaller bonuses from the Stay for More promotion.
I almost never write about hotel promotions, but getting 4,515 bonus SPG points for a one night stay is too good to pass up when I value those points at $113 and there are certainly properties with SPG Keyless that cost less than that per night.