Starting tomorrow, March 22 (I don’t have any information on the exact minute), American Airlines’ award prices, off peak dates, and definitions of regions change.
Today you can book travel through February 15, 2017 to take advantage of the current award chart, which is much cheaper to most regions in Business and First Class. Or book tomorrow to take advantage of a few price decreases and more favorable regional definitions to a few places.
Here are the posts you need to read right now if you have American Airlines miles:
- Massive DevAAluation of American Airlines Chart March 22, 2016 (Comparison of today’s and tomorrow’s charts)
- Changes to American Airlines Off Peak Awards Coming March 22, 2016 (Comparison of today’s and tomorrow’s off peak date ranges and off peak award prices)
- These Five Countries are Changing Regions on American Airlines Chart March 22
- How to Lock in Pre-Devaluation American Airlines Prices for Awards Booked in 2017
- Should You Make Speculative American Airlines Bookings Today to Beat the Devaluation?
Bye-bye amazing award charts! 🙁