The IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card just increased its sign up bonus to 80,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first three months. This is the highest offer ever, and a must have for several reasons.
- 80,000 IHG points are enough for 16 free nights at the PointBreaks rate.
- The card offers an anniversary free night certificate every year that can be used at any IHG property worldwide, including fancy InterContinental Hotels, subject to availability. The annual fee is only $49, which means this card has the lowest annual fee of any card that offers a free night certificate.
- The card offers a 10% rebate on IHG points you redeem, up to 1,000,000 points redeemed/100,000 points back per year. That means you’d get 8,000 more IHG points just for redeeming your sign up bonus.
- The card offers automatic IHG Platinum Status while you have the card.
- This card is one of the few Chase cards not subject to the 5/24 rule, meaning you can get it even if you’ve opened other rewards cards recently.
I’m not a big hotel guy. Even though I have no permanent home, I spend most nights of the year in apartments that I find on Airbnb instead of in hotels. But I like to have some hotel points either for 1-2 night stays when I find Airbnb less convenient or for special treats. This is the perfect card for someone like me.
I can use the 80,000 points exclusively for PointBreaks and other cheap hotels that are 10-20k points per night, which means I would get 4-16 free nights out of the points.
I can use the anniversary night at some $300+ InterContinental Hotel once per year as a special treat.
I can use the 10% points rebate to bring down the net cost of PointBreaks to 4,500 points per night for pretty nice hotels.
And I can use the card being an exception to Chase’s 5/24 rule to get the card now instead of waiting.
The IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card is an awesome card loaded with ongoing perks that make it worthwhile for most people to have. It currently features an elevated sign up bonus of 80,000 points making now a great time to get it.