In celebration of their 20th anniversary, the Star Alliance is giving 21 people one million miles (or the determined equivalent, depending on the frequent flyer program). One set will be given out from each loyalty program in the alliance.
This giveaway is a little different than sweepstakes past, as it’s not technically a giveaway. You have to earn your prize.
Here’s how to enter the Mileage Millionaire competition:
- Upload a picture of yourself (preferably on a blank/white background), as well as a picture of a “unique cultural experience” on the official competition website. The higher the quality the better (i.e. high resolution). Photos should be the same file format oriented the same way, either both landscape or both portrait, since ultimately they will combine your two photos to look like this…
2. Choose a Frequent Flyer Program. You aren’t competing against the pool of everyone who enters this contest, just those who choose the same frequent flyer program as you. If you’d rather be a big fish in a small pond, I’d opt for a smaller, less known loyalty program so the competition isn’t as steep (i.e. NOT United MileagePlus). Personally, I’m choosing Avianca LifeMiles because their award chart spans from decent to cheap and they don’t collect fuel surcharges. In my mind that’s almost as good as United miles, except for the fact that their miles may be a little more complicated to redeem.
Here are the programs you can choose from:
- Aeroplan (Air Canada)
- Airpoints (Air New Zealand)
- Amigo (Avianca Brazil)
- Asiana Club (Asiana)
- Connect Miles (Copa)
- EGYPTAIR Plus (EGYPTAIR)
- EuroBonus (SAS Scandinavian)
- Flying Returns (Air India)
- Infinity MileageLands (EVA Air)
- KrisFlyer (Singapore)
- LifeMiles (Avianca)
- ANA Mileage Club (ANA)
- MileagePlus (United)
- Miles + Bonus (Aegean Airlines)
- Miles & More (Adria Airways, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, SWISS)
- Miles & Smiles (Turkish Airlines)
- Phoenix Miles (Air China, Shenzhen Airlines)
- Royal Orchid Plus (Thai Airways)
- ShebaMiles (Ethiopian Airlines)
- Victoria (TAP Portugal)
- SAA Voyager (South African Airways)
2. Enter the location of where your cultural experience photo was taken.
3. Write a description of the cultural experience and it’s significance to you. For a little guidance on this one, here’s one of the FAQ:
What kinds of ‘cultural experiences’ are you looking for exactly?
A cultural experience is your personal interaction with practices, habits, traditions and customs of the place you have visited, and the impact they had on you and your perception of them.
4. Give contact information.
All of these steps must be completed by July 31 at midnight UTC. The winners will be announced September 28, 2017.
You’ve got two and a half months to plot your strategy to become a Mileage Millionaire. Choose your photos wisely!
Are you going to enter to become a Mileage Millionaire? What loyalty program will you choose?