There will be a MileValue meet up tomorrow (2/17/14) at The Australian at 20 W 38th St in Manhattan from 5 PM to 8 PM.
I’ve wanted to hold a meet up in New York City for quite a long time. Unfortunately I will only be there from Monday through Thursday, so I can’t hold a customary MileValue dinner. And I really apologize for not having my other plans set soon enough to give more than 24 hours notice.
But I hope everyone will be able to join me for Happy Hour at the Australian. I’ll make sure I am there from 5 PM to 8 PM, and others can come come and go as their schedule permits. I called and confirmed that The Australian’s Happy Hour will be from 4 PM – 7 PM as usual even though tomorrow is a holiday. The Happy Hour menu features steeply discounted food and drink.
Like past MileValue meet ups, this one will be:
- Free, other than the cost of your food and drink.
- Split checks, so we can all show off our credit cards.
- Open to people of all miles-knowledge levels.
- Informational. There will be no prepared remarks, but I will be happy to answer all the questions that you may have about earning and redeeming miles or my recent travels.
- Possibly full of secret info people won’t post online (and no, I won’t email it to people who can’t attend).
- Social, a great chance to meet other people in this hobby from the New York area and talk travel.
If you want to join the fun, there is no need to RSVP. You can let us know in the comments though.
Where should I host MileValue dinners in the future?
PS: I have about a very, very few of these beauties left in Small and Large only if anyone wants one. First come, first served in person.