The The Lufthansa Premier Miles & More World MasterCard is offering an incredible 50,000 bonus Miles & More miles after spending $5k in the first three months. I just learned that the offer is scheduled to end December 15, 2013.
As a refresher, the current offer is:
- Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase or balance transfer
- Earn an additional 30,000 award miles when you spend $5,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening
- With 50,000 award miles you can redeem for a round-trip award flight to Hawaii, Europe or the Caribbean!
- Cardholders receive a Companion Ticket annually
- Enjoy 2 award miles per $1 on Miles & More integrated airline ticket purchases and 1 award mile per $1 spent everywhere else
- No mileage expiration with monthly qualifying purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
Application Link: The Lufthansa Premier Miles & More World MasterCard®
As a reminder, Lufthansa is a member of the Star Alliance, so its miles can be used for almost exactly the same flights as United or US Airways miles.
In some situations Lufthansa miles are far more valuable than United miles. If you want to fly:
- economy class to Europe
- domestic first class
- domestic economy
- first class to Hawaii
- Swiss First Class
- Lufthansa First Class if you want to book more than 15 days in advance
- business class to Australia
… you are better off using Lufthansa miles. If you want to fly:
- economy class to Southern South America
- economy class to Hawaii
- economy class to the Caribbean
- business class to the Caribbean
- economy class to Central America
- business class to Central America
- economy class to Australia
… United and Lufthansa miles are equally useful. For most other itineraries, United miles are better.
If you are looking to apply for a Barclaycard in the next six weeks, I think the Lufthansa card is the best one, edging out the Barclaycard Arrival(TM) World MasterCard® – Earn 2x on All Purchases with 40,000 miles after spending $1k in the first three months and the US Airways Premier World MasterCard® with 30,000 US Airways miles after first purchase.
If you know you want the Lufthansa card now, don’t necessarily wait until December 15. The fine print says the offer is scheduled to end December 15, but could be puled any time.
I got my Lufthansa card after calling reconsideration. After meeting the minimum spending requirement, I was offered 15k bonus miles for another easy spending challenge. I haven’t spent the 72,000 miles sitting in my account yet, but I’ve priced out dozens of awards, so I know my options.
Who already has their Lufthansa card? For what are you planning to redeem the miles?
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook. And sign up to receive one free daily email every morning with all of the day’s posts!
Powered By Credit Karma