The current sign up bonus that comes with the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card when you apply online is 50,000 Ultimate Rewards after spending $4,000 on the card within three months of opening it.
If you apply in a Chase branch, you can still get the previous 100,000 Ultimate Rewards bonus for meeting the same minimum spending requirement of $4k in three months that was yanked from the online application in January. This in-branch offer will only last through March 11, 2017. That leaves you just a few more days to plan that trip to your nearest branch if you want an extra 50k Ultimate Rewards.
Here’s the online locator to find the closest branch to you.
The Sapphire Reserve was far and away the best travel credit card offer of 2016…
- Sign Up Bonus: 50,000 Ultimate Rewards after $4,000 in spending in the first three months (100k Ultimate Rewards after spending $4k if you apply in a Chase branch)
- Statement Credits: First $300 in travel purchases each calendar year are offset (can get $600 in travel statement credits before second annual fee is due); $100 Global Entry or $85 TSA Precheck Credit
- Category Bonuses: 3x on travel and restaurants
- Value of Ultimate Rewards: Worth 1.5 cents toward the purchase of any airfare or may other travel purchase OR can be transferred to seven airlines and four hotels for higher value
- Lounge Access: Priority Pass Select Membership means free access to 900+ airport lounges worldwide
- Global Acceptance: Visa, chip technology, and no foreign transaction fees
- Annual Fee: $450
- Eligibility: Subject to Chase 5/24 Rule*
*Even if you are over 5/24, it may be worth going into a Chase branch to check if you’re pre-approved for the Sapphire Reserve. Pre-approvals are known to bypass the 5/24 rule.
Apply now at a Chase branch if you are considering the Sapphire Reserve. We value Ultimate Rewards at 2 cents each when transferred to airline partners, making the current sign up bonus worth roughly $2,000. Come March 12, the in-branch offer will drop to the same amount as the online application, 50k Ultimate Rewards for spending $4k.