If you have an American Express Business Platinum card, log into americanexpress.com/5xair to see if you’re a lucky targeted customer that gets to earn 5x Membership Rewards through March 29, 2017 on airfare purchased directly from an airline or through the American Express Travel portal.
Apparently there’s no cap to how many bonus miles you can earn during this promotion.
What to Do
- Log in to your Business Platinum account here.
- If you are eligible for the offer, enroll your card.
- When buying airfare directly from airlines or through the American Express Travel portal on your Business Platinum card, you’ll earn 5 Membership Rewards for every dollar spent.
Wait… Doesn’t My Platinum Card Already Earn 5x on Airfare?
It does. 5x on airfare is a recently added benefit of the personal Platinum cards, not the Business Platinum card. Now some lucky Business Platinum cardholders without personal Platinums can get a taste of the action for a few months.
Maybe Amex is testing the waters to see if they want to keep this as a permanent benefit on the Business Platinum. Wouldn’t be too surprising considering the pressure of competition from other premium cards like the Sapphire Reserve.
Log in here: americanexpress.com/5xair to check if you were targeted to earn 5x Membership Rewards, 4 bonus points on top of the 1 you normally earn, when purchasing airfare directly from an airline or through the Amex Travel portal on your Business Platinum card. If you were targeted, be sure to enroll to receive the benefit. You’ll have until March 29, 2017 to take advantage.
Don’t forget that the Business Platinum card’s enhanced sign up bonus is ending in a week! If you’re interested in the card, now’s the time. Sign up by January 25 and earn:
- 50,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 in the first three months
- 50,000 more bonus points after spending another $10,000 in the first three months
Credit card links have been removed from posts and added to the menu bar at the top of every page of MileValue under the heading Top Travel Credit Cards.
Hat Tip Doctor of Credit