Recently, I posted about how we can get amazing value from the fact that the Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer program considers Hawaii to be part of the same region as Central America. We can also use this sweet spot for great value on travel to South America too!
On the Singapore Airline’s award chart, it costs fewer miles to fly between Hawaii and South America, routing through the continental United States, than it does to fly directly between the continental United States and South America.
On the Singapore award chart:
- Continental Unites States to South America: 60,000 miles roundtrip in economy
- Continental Unites States to South America: 100,000 miles roundtrip in business
- Hawaii to South America: 50,000 miles roundtrip in economy
- Hawaii to South America: 80,000 miles roundtrip in business
This is great news for people that live in Hawaii or South America, but it is just as good for people who live in the continental United States!
People who live in the continental United States can use this sweet spot to get a complete vacation to South America and two half trips to Hawaii, all on one award redemption, for fewer miles than simply booking a roundtrip award between the continental United States!
Singapore miles are some of the easiest to get, since Singapore is a transfer partner of Chase, American Express, and Starwood Preferred Guest.
- What are the relevant rules and tricks for this award?
- What variations on this award could we book?
- How can you book this award?
- What about using United miles?
- How can you get Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer miles?