I am excited to announce that I will be speaking at the Los Angeles Frequent Traveler University, being held November 30 – December 2 at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel LAX.
My talk will be about free oneways on awards, probably under a title like Three Vacations, Two Awards: Adding a Free Oneway to Award Tickets. This is one of my favorite topics, as you probably know if you’ve read my posts on the subject including:
- Free Oneways on United Awards
- Free Oneways on United Awards: The Video
- How Much is an AAdvantage Mile Worth? The Value of American Airlines Miles Part 2 (free oneways on AA)
- Free Oneways on Delta Awards
- Free Oneways on Delta Awards: The Video
- Free Oneways on US Airways Awards?
- How to Get Almost Free Oneways on AA Awards If You Don’t Live at an International Gateway City
- Free Domestic Circle Trips on United Awards
- Anatomy of an Award: American Airlines. Using AA Miles to Fly Hawaiian Airlines to Australia Plus a Free Oneway
- Free Oneways are Available on United Awards to Hawaii
My talk at the LAX FTU should focus on the basics of free oneways on American, United, and Delta. Once I’ve covered those, I’ll move on to some advanced tricks that they unlock like constructive cheap oneways on American, free circle trips on United, and more. And I get a ton of email questions about free oneways, so I’m looking forward to some in-person questions to follow.
I’m really excited to talk about this topic because it’s a way to easily add a few hundred dollars of value to every international award you book from now on.
The conference should be pretty incredible as other “faculty members” include:
- Gary Leff (View from the Wing)
- Daraius Dubash (Million Mile Secrets)
- Frequent Miler
- Ben Schlappig (One Mile at a Time)
- Randy Petersen
- Steve Belkin (Beaubo)
- Cranky Flier
- and many more
Topics include award booking, advanced mileage earning, elite status, how to solve problems that arise during travel, and secrets that can’t be posted on the blogs! I’m looking forward to the curriculum for sure.
Anyone who saw my recap of the Chicago Seminars knows that I’m also looking forward to meeting everyone–readers and bloggers alike. This is going to be a very fun weekend, from Friday’s cocktail party all the way through Sunday afternoon. I hope to have a chance to meet everyone and talk informally about travel and tricks.
I hope everyone can make it to the LAX FTU. I’ve been looking at flights that weekend, and I am finding some good deals to get down to Los Angeles.
Even if you’re not going, you should benefit from my talk. In preparation, I’ll probably edit and update the seminal post on the topic. I plan to make some new videos in advance to be used as part of my presentation, which I’ll release on my YouTube page. I’ll also look for a way to release any presentation I make.
Who am I going to meet in a few weeks?
Are you having dinner with me, Tahsir, and 20 readers on Saturday in Los Angeles? Last chance to contact me to get in on the fun.