Register all your American Express credit and charge cards today, spend $10 on each one this Saturday November 30 at a small business, and receive a $10 statement credit on each card.
This is the easiest win-win-win promotion of the year. We get $10 statement credits for participating, small businesses get more business, and American Express gets great advertising.
How do you register for Small Business Saturday and its $10 statement credits? How have I used my statement credits in the past?
Small Business Saturday is one of my favorite promotions each year. It’s a time when American Express basically gives me free gift certificates to my favorite restaurants.
Two years ago, I drove around to all the Thai places in Kailua, Hawaii and bought a $25 gift certificate–that used to be the promotion’s size–at each one to use later in the week. Last year, I walked around Richmond, Virginia and bought gift certificate’s to all my aunt’s favorite restaurants for her.
This year, I haven’t figured out how to use the $10 credit on each of my four cards, but I’m sure I’ll think of something.
To register, click here (American Express Small Business Saturday Registration) and register each of your American Express credit and debit cards one at a time.
- Credit cards and charge cards issued by American Express (eg Platinum, Gold, Delta, SPG, etc)
- Authorized user cards of credit cards issued by American Express
- Credit cards issued by other banks that have an American Express logo (eg Citi American Airlines card with an American Express logo)
- American Express Gift Cards
- Corporate Cards (Note that Corporate Cards are very different than Business Cards. The business version of the SPG card is eligible for instance.)
- Authorized user cards issued by other banks that have an American Express logo (eg an authorized user on your Citi American Airlines card with an American Express logo)
You must register before 11:59 PM MT on November 30 to be eligible. Register now because space is limited.
If you successfully register, you will get this notice.
You have to spend $10 or more on a single transaction at a participating small business to get a $10 statement credit. Spending $5 will not earn a $5 credit for instance.
My brother learned this the hard way when he tried to participate once with a bar tab that wasn’t big enough. Sadly a bigger tip would have made his drinks free and made the bartender’s day.
For more info, read American Express’s FAQ and Terms on the promo.
How many cards have you registered? Where will you shop on Small Business Saturday?