Update 7/15/14: The link to the 100k application is dead again.
The strange saga of the Citi Executive AAdvantage World MasterCard with 100,000 bonus American Airlines miles keeps getting stranger. The good news is that the offer, after disappearing for three days, is back. You can still get 110,000 American Airlines miles from a single credit card sign up. That’s enough miles to fly anywhere in the world roundtrip on American Airlines partners.
- January 2014: The Citi Executive AAdvantage World MasterCard’s sign up bonus increases from 60,000 to 75,000 to 100,000.
- June 27, 2014: I wrote that the landing page for the 100,000 mile offer was gone but that a direct link to the card’s application (with no mention of the 100,000 mile bonus) still worked. Several readers confirmed getting the bonus through that link.
- July 11, 2014: The direct link stops working. There were still offers available for 75,000 miles on the card.
- July 14, 2014: The same direct link works again. FlyerTalkers are reporting applying through the link, getting approved, and confirming with a phone agent that they are in line for 100,000 bonus miles on the card.
It is still be possible to quickly earn 110,000 American Airlines miles by getting the card and meeting its minimum spending requirement of $10,000 in the first three months, but there are major drawbacks to the Citi Executive AAdvantage World MasterCard that you should consider before getting the card.
- What is the direct link to the Citi Executive AAdvantage World MasterCard application?
- What is the full offer on the Citi Executive AAdvantage World MasterCard?
- Can you get the card if you’ve had other Citi American Airlines cards?
- Can you get this sign up bonus more than once?