Signing up for credit cards to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points is the easiest and quickest way to earn miles and points for free flights and hotels. Through the accumulated knowledge of frequent flyer forums and blogs, a set of best practices have emerged. I have put them at the bottom of this page.
To remove clutter, I didn’t list much on this page besides the sign up bonus. For full details, follow the links to read each offer’s terms and conditions carefully.
The Biggest Deals–Personal Cards
- Earn up to 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points. Bonus points are redeemable for up to $500 in gift cards, up to $625 for airfare or other great rewards
- Earn 20,000 points after $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn an additional 30,000 points after another $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of your second year of being a cardmember
- Earn 3 ThankYou Points for every $1 spent on purchases for dining at restaurants and entertainment
- Earn 2 ThankYou Points for every $1 spent on purchases for airfare and hotels
- Earn 1 ThankYou Point per $1 spent on other purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited Thank You Points
- Travel with ease and enjoy chip based technology
Barclaycard Arrival(TM) World MasterCard® – Earn 2x on All Purchases with 40,000 bonus miles after spending $3k in the first 90 days
The Frontier Airlines World MasterCard® — Earn up to 50,000 bonus miles after qualifying transactions, enough for 2 domestic roundtrip award tickets (subject to fees/taxes from $10)
Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express with 10,000 bonus Starpoints after first purchase and an additional 15,000 bonus after spending $5k in the first six months. That’s 25,000 bonus Starpoints total!
Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card with Two Free Nights worldwide at top tier Hiltons after spending $2,500 in four months
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card with 20,000 FlexPoints (worth up to $425 on any airline) after spending $2,500 in 150 days